The Lancaster Liederkranz welcomes men and women of good will who have attained the age of twenty-one years and who wish to belong to a club that is a dynamic family organization dedicated to perpetuating and amplifying the founders' original purpose of promoting German culture through song, dance, language, art, and international exchange.
We would welcome your application for membership if you can subscribe to Article 1 Section 1 of the Lancaster Liederkranz Constitution, which reads:
In the year 1880, on the 4th day of July, in the city of Lancaster, a group of men of German origin met and organized a singing society to be henceforth known as “The Liederkranz”. The object of this organization was, to meet fraternally, sing and preserve native songs and music, as well as perpetuate the social customs of the Fatherland.
Please stop by the Club to learn more about us. All guests should be accompanied by a member and be signed in the lobby guest book. If you arrive unaccompanied, please make yourself known to the door tender and bartender on duty. We allow 3 (three) guest visits after which, guests are expected to apply for membership. Please note: Non members may not purchase alcoholic beverages.
You may pick up a Membership Application at the Club or click on the PDF version below to be completed and mailed to the club. Appropriate fees, ($45 per person) sponsorship, and orientation are required. The process generally takes 2 to 3 months, depending on receipt of application.
Membership Process: - Applicants will receive a letter of instruction on the induction process which includes mandatory attendance at our Orientation Class and attendance at the assigned voting meeting. - Orientation is held the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month beginning at 7:00 p.m., except when the date falls on a holiday. Class must be attended prior to induction. - A Volunteer Interest form will be sent with your instruction letter. Bring this form to Orientation.
- Please read the note in red below before clicking here for a pdf application form to print and mail: Membership Application
NOTE: Annual dues are not pro-rated. All unrenewed memberships expire December 31. We permit a 2-month grace renewal period until end of February, after which we apply a late fee of $35 per person. It is the member's responsibility to renew each year. We do not send invoices or reminders. Beginning in November, look for renewal info and forms on our website, in club emails and at the Club.
If you have questions, please contact Membership Director, Lori DePorter
Membership Renewal Information
The Membership Renewal Process for the upcoming year begins each November and is due the following month by December 31. It is the member's responsibility to renew their membership. We do not mail invoices or reminders. Note: All memberships expire December 31 regardless of month joined.
Beginning November, renewal forms can be found at the Club, in newsletters, in emails and here. Please assist our volunteers who work in this process by renewing early!
- During the process from November 1until December 31, renewals made in person at the Club Bar will receive a complimentary beverage chip. Member must be present to receive chip. (Dual memberships will receive 2 chips only if both members are present.)
- Mailed renewal forms must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If not included, renewal sticker will be held at the Bar until member can stop in.
- Per Liederkranz By-Law, members have a grace period until the last day of February to renew with out penalty. Beginning March 1 and through the end of the calendar year, unpaid delinquent memberships will be suspended and will require an additional $35 per person reactivation fee.
- At the end of the calendar year, unrenewed memberships are dropped from active status. Those wishing to retain membership after this time will need to begin the membership process anew with application, fees, orientation and voting.
Lancaster Liederkranz Preserving German music, song, dance, language, customs, and culture since 1880.